Saturday 10 March 2012

Freddie Mercury, the Unsung Hero of Indian Origin

First things first, this is the first time the title of a post is actually related to the contents.



Freddie Mercury or Farrokh Bulsara, was born in India as a Parsi. For those who don't know who I'm talking about, he is the vocalist of one the greatest bands of all time: Queen. For those who don't know who Queen is, they're the band who composed and sung "We Will Rock You". Now, you know.

It's a shame really that Freddie Mercury isn't as famous in the country he's actually from. Right from his flamboyant stage persona, the way he swayed the crowd at concerts with his powerful vocals, it's just right to call him as one of the greatest singer of all time.

The other day, I asked my friends in college if they knew who Queen and Freddie Mercury was, all they said was "Who the fuck are you talking about?". I looked at them and thought that they are missing out on the best music to be ever played and heard. I pity them.

Freddie Mercury died as he was suffering from HIV AIDS, the first rock star to die because of the deadly disease.

Though I wasn't there when he was, he lives in my heart, through his music. His legacy, his music, shall live on forever.

Here are a few of his songs that I adore:
Bohemian Rhapsody
Friends Will Be Friends
Is This The World We Created
Don't Stop Me Now
We Are The Champions
Somebody To Love
Funny How Love Is

Do listen if you want to have a taste of the best music to be ever heard in this ignorant world of ours.



No comments:

Post a Comment